For Existing Pennsylvania Businesses:
If you already have access to the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue website, and have a withholding tax ID number, please STOP, and simply provide us with the data requested in the "Give us the Info" section of the Pennsylvania document. If you have access to the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue website, but do not have a withholding tax ID, please log into your Pennsylvania Department of Revenue account and apply for access to a withholding ID. If you have any questions, please call the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue at 1-(717) 787-1064.
Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their Withholding Tax Account Number on the Coupons or Employer Quarterly Reconciliation that you received from the PA Department of Revenue
- Your Employer Account ID is different from your employer identification number (EIN) or Entity ID.
- The Contribution Rate Notice (Form UC-657)
- Notice of PA UC Responsibilities (UC-851)
- Report for Unemployment Contribution (Form UC-2)
- The rate generally ranges from 2.6434%–14.4146%.
For New Pennsylvania Businesses:
Please follow the steps below to register your business with the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue. Unless these steps are followed in their entirety, OnPay will be unable to file and pay your Pennsylvania Department of Revenue taxes.
Withholding & Unemployment taxes
- Both your income withholding tax and unemployment tax can be Registered for online by using the PA-100 Registration Form
- Click the "Register Online" button to begin.
- You should receive your account number automatically after registering.
- The new employer rate for unemployment tax is generally 3.6785% (except for construction businesses which are assigned 10.1947%). You can enter this rate as you wait to receive an unemployment account number.
Electronic access for Withholding Tax and Unemployment Tax.
Please see below for information on how to grant us electronic access for Pennsylvania Withholding Tax & Unemployment Tax.
Pennsylvania now requires Withholding Tax to be filed and paid electronically. We will need your 8 digit Withholding Tax ID to send a request to your Pennsylvania E-Tides account. Once we send the request, you will log into your E-Tides account (https://www.etides.state.pa.u
Once you have logged in, please follow the below instructions:
1. Select Enterprise Maintenance from the left side menu bar.
2. Select Employer Withholding Tax for the tax system.
3. Select your business.
4. Select Administer Approved Filers from the list of Enterprise Maintenance Functions.
5. Please grant Caroline Brown, Payroll Center Inc, access to all three functions listed.
6. Once selected, select submit.
Pennsylvania now requires mandatory online filing for Quarterly unemployment starting in 2014. Please complete the following instructions to add ONPAY as your Third Party Administrator (TPA):
1. Go to www.dli.state.pa.us and select the UCMS logo.
2. On the log in screen, select REGISTER If you do not have log in credentials to create your online account.
3. Log into your account.
4. Once you are logged in, select "Employer Profile" from the list on the left side of the screen.
5. Then select "Manage Representatives".
6. Select "Add New Representative".
7. To add us at a representative, you will need the following information:
- Representative Identifier: 1613156120
- Effective date will have to be the date you are setting up the account
8. We will need the following Service Functions:
- Filing Quarterly Reports and Adjustments
- Contribution Rate Information
- Delinquencies Account Discrepancies
- Each Service Function will have to be requested separately.