Please use the following information as necessary. If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Montana you have probably already obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for ONPAY to process your tax filings. If you already have the information, please log into ONPAY, select Company > Company Setup > Tax Information, and enter your Unemployment ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %), and Withholding ID.
If you are a new employer in the State of Montana, this information can be very useful in helping you get your company set up and registered. Please use the following contact information to speak to the departments about registration. Your company MUST be registered with each department before we can pay taxes on your behalf.
Tax Forms We File
- Form MW-1: Monthly/Quarterly Withholding Return
- Form MW-3: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal
- Montana Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
Montana Department of Revenue (withholding assistance): 1-(866) 859-2254
- Click here to register your Montana business online
- Register for your State Tax ID
Montana Department of Labor (unemployment insurance assistance): 1-406-444-2840
- Click here to register your Montana business
- Register for your account ID and tax rate
What you need as a Montana Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- Montana State Tax ID: 10-digit number and WTH Ex: 0000000-000-WTH
- If you have already set up and online account HERE then please provide us with the login credentials.
- To sign up for Online access:
- Select "Create an Account"
- You will need to have already registered your business with the Montana Department of Revenue
Once you provide is with your State Tax ID we can file and pay all of your Montana Department of Revenue taxes for you.
What we need from you as a Montana Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- Montana Unemployment ID: 7-digit number Ex: 000-0000
Power of Attorney
What we need from you as an Montana Employer:
Please CLICK HERE for the Montana Power of Attorney forms and information on how to complete the forms. This will allow us to speak on your behalf, file, and make payments with the State of Montana. Please fax the completed Power of Attorney forms to 678-829-7291 or email to email@example.com.
Give us the Info
Once you have received all of this information from both the Department of Revenue and the Department of Labor please forward it on to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**