Please use the following information as necessary. If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Connecticut you have probably already obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for Onpay to process your tax filings. If you already have the information, please log into Onpay, select Company > Company Setup > Tax Information, and enter your Unemployment ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %), and Withholding ID.
If you are a new employer in the State of Connecticut, this information can be very useful in helping you get your company set up and registered. Please use the following contact information to speak to the departments about registration. Your company MUST be registered with each department before we can pay taxes on your behalf.
Tax Forms We File
- Form CT-WH: Monthly Withholding Return
- Form CT-941: Quarterly Withholding Reconciliation
- Form CT-W3: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal
- Connecticut Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
Connecticut Department of Revenue (withholding assistance): 1-(860)-297-5962
- Click here to register your Connecticut business online
- Register for your State Tax ID (also known as a CTREG number)
Connecticut Department of Labor (unemployment insurance assistance): 1-(860)-263-6000
- Click here to register your Connecticut business with the Department of Labor
- Register for your account ID and tax rate
What you need as a Connecticut Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- Connecticut State Tax ID (CTREG): 7-digit number Ex: 00-000-00
- An ID in any other form is incorrect for the Department of Revenue. We must insist that you verify that the ID you have from the Department or Revenue is your CTREG number.
Once you provide is with your State Tax ID we can file and pay all of your Connecticut Department of Revenue taxes for you.
What we need from you as a Connecticut Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- Connecticut Unemployment ID: 10-digit number Ex: 0000000-000
- If you have already set up and online account HERE then please provide us with the login credentials. If not we will set up an account for you.
- To sign up for Online access please follow this link:
- Once you follow the link choose the "Create an Account"
- You will need to have already registered your business with the Connecticut Department of Labor.
Power of Attorney
What we need from you as an Connecticut Employer:
Please CLICK HERE for the Connecticut Power of Attorney forms and information on how to complete the forms. This will allow us to speak on your behalf, file, and make payments with the State of Connecticut. Please fax the completed Power of Attorney forms to 678-829-7291 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give us the Info
Once you have received all of this information from both the Department of Revenue and the Department of Labor please forward it on to us at email@example.com.
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**