District of Columbia
Please use the following information as necessary. If you are an employer with a history of payroll in District of Columbia you have probably already obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for Onpay to process your tax filings. If you already have the information, please log into Onpay, select Company > Company Setup > Tax Information, and enter your Unemployment ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %), and Withholding ID.
If you are a new employer in the District of Columbia, this information can be very useful in helping you get your company set up and registered. Please use the following contact information to speak to the departments about registration. Your company MUST be registered with each department before we can pay taxes on your behalf.
Tax Forms We File
- Form FR-900M: Monthly Withholding Return
- Form FR-900Q: Quarterly Withholding Reconciliation
- Form FR:900B: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal
- District of Columbia Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
District of Columbia Department of Revenue (withholding assistance): 1-(202) 727-4829
- Click here to register your District of Columbia business online with the Department of Revenue
- Register for your State Tax ID
District of Columbia Department of Employment Services (unemployment insurance assistance): 1-(202) 724-7000
- Call the District of Columbia Department of Employment Services to register your business.
What you need as a District of Columbia Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- District of Columbia Tax ID: 13-digit number Ex: 0000000000000
Once you provide is with your State Tax ID we can file and pay all of your Connecticut Department of Revenue taxes for you.
What we need from you as a District of Columbia Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- District of Columbia Unemployment ID: 106-digit number Ex: 000000
- Each quarter the District of Columbia sends each employer the Employer Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report in the mail. We must insist that fax (678-829-7291) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) this form to us each quarter in order for us to file and pay.
Power of Attorney
What we need from you as an District of Columbia Employer:
Please CLICK HERE for the District of Columbia Power of Attorney forms and information on how to complete the forms. This will allow us to speak on your behalf, file, and make payments with the State of District of Columbia. Please fax the completed Power of Attorney forms to 678-829-7291 or email to email@example.com.
Give us the Info
Once you have received all of this information from both the Department of Revenue and the Department of Employment Services please forward it on to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**