Please use the following information as necessary. If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Minnesota you have probably already obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for Onpay to process your tax filings. If you already have the information, please log into Onpay, select Company > Company Setup > Tax Information, and enter your Unemployment ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %), and Withholding ID.
If you are a new employer in the State of Minnesota, this information can be very useful in helping you get your company set up and registered. Please use the following contact information to speak to the departments about registration. Your company MUST be registered with each department before we can pay taxes on your behalf.
Tax Forms We File
- Form MW5: Monthly/Quarterly Withholding Return
- Minnesota Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
Minnesota Department of Revenue (withholding assistance): 1-(651) 282-9999
- Click here to register your Minnesota business online or call 651-282-5225
- Register for your State Tax ID
Minnesota Department of Labor and Licensing (unemployment insurance assistance): 1-(651) 284-5005
- Call the Minnesota Department of Labor and Licensing for information on how to register
- Register for your account ID and tax rate
What you need as a Minnesota Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- Minnesota State Tax ID: 7-digit number Ex: 0000000
Once you provide is with your State Tax ID we can file and pay all of your Minnestoa Department of Revenue taxes for you.
What we need from you as a Minnesota Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- Minnesota Unemployment ID: 8-digit number Ex: 00000000
- If you have already set up and online account HERE then please provide us with the login credentials. Once you have logged in, please add us for Third Party Access. Please see the instructions below on how to add Third Party Access.
- To sign up for Online access:
- Select "Employer Registration"
- You will need to have already registered your business with the Minnesota Department of Labor
To add us as Third Party Access:
- Log in and select "Account Maintenance" then click on "Agent Authorization" and click "New"
- Add our Agent ID: AG012523 and select "Payroll Center Inc"
- Select roles: "Tax Payment Update and Submit" and "Wage Detail Update and Submit"
- Once you have selected the above roles, you will need to "Assign Employer Reporting Units" under the Modify Column.
Power of Attorney
What we need from you as an Minnesota Employer:
Please CLICK HERE for the Minnesota Power of Attorney forms and information on how to complete the forms. This will allow us to speak on your behalf, file, and make payments with the State of Minnesota. Please fax the completed Power of Attorney forms to 678-829-7291 or email to email@example.com.
Give us the Info
Once you have received all of this information from both the Department of Revenue and the Department of Labor please forward it on to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**