Please use the following information as necessary. If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Rhode Island you have probably already obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for ONPAY to process your tax filings. If you already have the information, please log into ONPAY, select Company > Company Setup > Tax Information, and enter your Unemployment ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %), and Withholding ID.
If you are a new employer in the State of Rhode Island, this information can be very useful in helping you get your company set up and registered. Please use the following contact information to speak to the departments about registration. Your company MUST be registered with each department before we can pay taxes on your behalf.
Tax Forms We File
- Form 941M: Monthly Withholding Return
- Form 941Q: Quarterly Withholding Reconciliation
- Form 941A: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal
- Rhode Island Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
Rhode Island Department of Taxation (withholding assistance): 1-(401) 574-8829
- Register for your State Tax ID
Rhode Island Department of Labor & Training (unemployment insurance assistance): 1-(401) 243-9137
- Register for your account ID and tax rate
- Click here to register your Rhode Island business with the Rhode Island Department of Taxation and Labor & Training
What you need as a Rhode Island Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- Rhode Island State Tax ID: 9-digit number Ex: 000000000 then add two 00 on end to sign up on Withholding Website
- If you have already set up and online account HERE then please provide us with the login credentials.
- To sign up for Online access:
- You will need to have already registered your business with the Rhode Island Department of Taxation
Once you provide us with your State Tax ID and login credentials we can file and pay all of your Rhode Island Department of Revenue taxes for you.
What we need from you as a Connecticut Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- Rhode Island Unemployment ID: 10-digit number Ex: 0000000000
Once you provide us with your State Unemployment Tax ID we can file and pay all of your Rhode Island Department of Labor & Training taxes for you.
Power of Attorney
What we need from you as an Rhode Island Employer:
Please CLICK HERE for the Rhode Island Power of Attorney forms and information on how to complete the forms. This will allow us to speak on your behalf, file, and make payments with the State of Rhode Island. Please fax the completed Power of Attorney forms to 678-829-7291 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give us the Info
Once you have received all of this information from both the Department of Taxation and the Department of Labor & Training please forward it on to us at email@example.com.
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**