Please use the following information as necessary. If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Vermont you have probably already obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for ONPAY to process your tax filings. If you already have the information, please log into ONPAY, select Company > Company Setup > Tax Information, and enter your Unemployment ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %), and Withholding ID.
If you are a new employer in the State of Vermont, this information can be very useful in helping you get your company set up and registered. Please use the following contact information to speak to the departments about registration. Your company MUST be registered with each department before we can pay taxes on your behalf.
Tax Forms We File
- Form WH-431: Monthly Withholding Return
- Form WH-431: Quarterly Withholding Reconciliation
- Form WH-434: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal
- Vermont Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
Vermont Department of Taxes (withholding assistance): 1-(802)-828-2551
- Register for your State Tax ID
Vermont Department of Labor (unemployment insurance assistance): 1-(802)-828-4000
- Register for your account ID and tax rate
- Click here for information regarding registering your Vermont business
- Click here to register for an online reporting account
What you need as a Vermont Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- Vermont State Tax ID: 15-digit ID Ex: 000-000000000A-00
- Vermont PIN
- If you have already set up and online account HERE then please provide us with the login credentials.
- To sign up for Online access:
- You will need to have already registered your business with the Vermont Department of Taxes
Once you provide us with your State Tax ID and login credentials we can file and pay all of your Vermont Department of Taxes for you.
What we need from you as Vermont Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- Vermont Unemployment ID: 7-digit number Ex: 0000000
Once you provide us with your State Unemployment Tax ID we can file and pay all of your Vermont Department of Labor for you.
Power of Attorney
What we need from you as an Vermont Employer:
Please CLICK HERE for the Vermont Power of Attorney forms and information on how to complete the forms. This will allow us to speak on your behalf, file, and make payments with the State of Vermont. Please fax the completed Power of Attorney forms to 678-829-7291 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give us the Info
Once you have received all of this information from both the Department of Taxes and the Department of Labor please forward it on to us at email@example.com.
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**