The information below will guide you through the following:
- Understanding if you should be calculating New Hampshire taxes
- Deciding which New Hampshire taxes your company should register for
- Understanding what forms OnPay files
- Registering with the New Hampshire Tax agencies
- Completing the forms necessary for OnPay to be able to file/pay on your behalf
- Entering necessary information into OnPay
Do you need to register for New Hampshire Taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of New Hampshire?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain New Hampshire information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which New Hampshire Agencies should I register for?
- New Hampshire Department of Revenue: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in New Hampshire, or for any employees that calculate New Hampshire withholding taxes regardless of there they live/work. if your business is located outside of New Hampshire, but your employees work or live in New Hampshire you will likely need to register with this agency.
- New Hampshire Department of Labor: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in New Hampshire. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employees primary work location is in New Hampshire, you will likely need to register with this agency.
OnPay will use both the home address for each employee, plus the worksite assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated. OnPay uses reciprocity agreements between states to help decide where a certain employee's taxes are calculated according to those addresses.
New Hampshire Employment Security (unemployment insurance assistance): 1-(603)-271-3176
- Register for your account ID and tax rate
- Register for your account ID and tax rate
If you are a new employer in the State of New Hampshire, this information can be very useful in helping you get your company set up and registered. Please use the following contact information to speak to the departments about registration. Your company MUST be registered with each department before we can pay taxes on your behalf.
Tax Forms We File
- New Hampshire Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
What information does OnPay need?
This information is required. If OnPay does not receive one or more pieces of the information/steps listed below, we may be unable to file/pay one or more of your tax returns. Please contact us if you have any questions.
What we need from you as a New Hampshire Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- New Hampshire Unemployment ID: 9 digit ID Ex: 000000000
- New Hampshire Unemployment Rate
Once you provide is with your State Unemployment Tax ID we can file and pay all of your New Hampshire Employment Security taxes for you.
I am an existing New Hampshire employer, where do I find the information to provide to OnPay?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in New Hampshire you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
New Hampshire Department of Labor:
- Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on the following forms:
- Tax Rate Notice
- Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report
- Unemployment Tax Rates: This can be found on your "Notice of Employer's Contribution Rates.
If you cannot locate one of the documents above, or the account number, please contact the New Hampshire Department of Labor and request the account number.
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
If you already have your tax information, or if you have obtained it using the steps above, please update the tax information in OnPay:
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select Payroll Tax
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %), and any local tax IDs as required.
Once you have the following information, please email it to email@example.com:
- DOR: E-File Sign-On ID/E-File Access Code
- Completed New Hampshire DOL POA found here.
Please reference each section below to identify any other information or steps required for OnPay to complete tax payments and filings on your behalf. If you are a new employer in the State of New Hampshire, the following information can be very useful in helping get your company set up and registered.
Power of Attorney
What we need from you as an New Hampshire Employer:
Please CLICK HERE for the New Hampshire Power of Attorney forms and information on how to complete the forms. This will allow us to speak on your behalf, file, and make payments with the State of Arizona. Please send the completed Power of Attorney forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Give us the Info
Once you have received all of this information from both the Department of Revenue and the Department of Labor please forward it on to us at Tax@onpay.com.
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**