Please use the following information as necessary. If you are an employer with a history of payroll in North Dakota you have probably already obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for Onpay to process your tax filings. If you already have the information, please log into Onpay, select Company > Company Setup > Tax Information, and enter your Unemployment ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %), and Withholding ID.
If you are a new employer in the State of North Dakota, this information can be very useful in helping you get your company set up and registered. Please use the following contact information to speak to the departments about registration. Your company MUST be registered with each department before we can pay taxes on your behalf.
Tax Forms We File
- Form 306: Monthly Withholding Return
- Form 306: Quarterly Withholding Reconciliation
- Form 306: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal
- North Dakota Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner (withholding assistance): 1-(701)-328-1248
- Click here to register your North Dakota business online
- Register for your State Tax ID
North Dakota Department of Labor (unemployment insurance assistance): 1-(701)-328-2660
- Register for your account ID and tax rate
What you need as a North Dakota Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- North Dakota State Tax ID
- If you have already set up and online account HERE then please provide us with the login credentials.
- To sign up for Online access:
- You will need to have already registered your business with the North Dakota Office of State Tax Commission
Once you provide is with your State Tax ID and login credentials we can file and pay all of your North Dakota Office of State Tax Commission taxes for you.
What we need from you as a North Dakota Employer:
- Federal ID Number (EIN)
- North Dakota Unemployment ID
Once you provide is with your State Tax ID we can file and pay all of your North Dakota Department of Labor taxes for you.
Power of Attorney
What we need from you as an North Dakota Employer:
Please CLICK HERE for the North Dakota Power of Attorney forms and information on how to complete the forms. This will allow us to speak on your behalf, file, and make payments with the State of North Dakota. Please fax the completed Power of Attorney forms to 678-829-7291 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give us the Info
Once you have received all of this information from both the Department of Workforce Services please forward it on to us at email@example.com.
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**